Raffles Shipping Group provides specialist intermediaries between shipowners and charterers who use ships to transport cargo, or between buyers and sellers of ships, Our Shipbroking division caters to such specialised service and is grouped into three departments, namely: Tanker Chartering, Dry Cargo Chartering and Sales-Purchases & Demolition Broking.
These departments operate as exclusive or competitive brokers on behalf of principals, and are further divided into cargo or tonnage specific desks which facilitate prompt and efficient responses to any enquiries and requests.
Our Sales-Purchase & Demolition Broking department handles the buying and selling of existing or new ships. Broadly-speaking, it communicates opportunities and market trends with ship-owners, report on sales, value vessels, calculate freight earnings, advise on finance and try to find ships for specific employment opportunities.
- Commercial and technical expertise
- Vessel acquisition project reports and shipyard liaison for new buildings
- Project financing and contract documentation
- Physical location of suitable vessel
- Employment search and securing of long-term contracts for new acquisitions